Monday, October 27, 2008

Struggles...

I have to say blogging is something I struggle with. I talk to people better then I write and even then I would love someone else to be the front man on a lot of the socializing I have to do for the ministry. I will do my best to keep the blog up better.



Starting up a non-profit is a struggle in itself, who knew it would be so hard but God said go and I have learned a lot in the last few years to trust God no matter what. I am not non-profit yet nor do we have many donations coming in or grants set up, but it was brought to my attention, by a dear friend of mine, of a free horse she saw online. There is no such thing as a free horse, so chuckling I had her send an email to the lady. I did not hear from her for a week or so I thought, phew got by that one! Of course not, she called and I had to go look. Just in case I had a client that could use a good steady horse (that was what I was told he was...dead broke!) I got there and the barn was terrible, standing on nothing but concrete, in a make-shift stall that I would consider hazardous. There was clutter all over and the "stalls" had not been cleaned in a long while. At the very end was a noble looking anglo arab that could have used about another 150lbs at least. Terribly long uneven feet. Long story short I decided with no hay in my barn and no real way of income right now, to well, give him a better chance. I didn't ride him or mess with him much as he was to skinny to get on nor did the owner offer much help in anything or know to much. She just couldn't keep it and it had to go.....like yesterday. A big part of my ministry is helping those who can not help themselves. How boring for kids to sit (a lot of times alone) in hospitals or older folks who cant get out anymore, why are we not doing more for them. I am finding out how few people truly feel the way I do, if it doesn't directly benefit them or involve them why should they go through the struggle to make something happen, to make someones lives better. We struggle with this in our communities with the human side of things, let alone our animals. They are just animals or just livestock so if they become an inconvenience then get rid of them or dump them and then wala they are no longer our problem anymore. Needless to say JR our newest addition is quite charming and beautiful and there is faith that God will provide what is needed in our program. God sees even the smallest of sparrows so why do we, as Christians cast our animals off. Isn't it time we do something to help.

No comments: